JAVA Software Developer – graduate or experienced – FILLED
Job Description: Excellent opportunity for a JAVA developer with experience in J2EE and SQL programming to join a prestigious organisation offering a world class working environment, and professional growth and development through exposure to all elements of the software development life cycle. Exposure to RESTful (Jersey), Apache Tomcat and Java Swing – very desirable.
Experience in Git, Maven and Linux also desirable. Opportunity to gain skills in new areas such as virtualisation, web services and message bus technologies (VMware, Jersey, JSON, Rabbit MQ).
Recent graduates with relevant development skills will be considered as well as more experienced developers.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar from a leading university, or MSc/PhD in Informatics.
• Programming experience in J2EEand SQL.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are absolutely essential.
Desirable but not essential:
• Exposure to RESTful (Jersey), Apache Tomcat and Java Swing.
• Experience in Git, Maven and Linux.
• Knowledge of LISP, Perl, Python or Ruby.
• Experience of MVC/ORM frameworks – Spring, RoR, Hibernate.
• Experience in test driven development, unit testing, SVN, GIT.
• Design, population and query of relational database systems – MySQL, Oracle
• Knowledge of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and/or a passion for user experience (UX)
• Developing for Linux systems and proficiency with shell commands and scripting.
• Agile project methodologies
The role is offered initially on a 1 year Fixed Term Contract. Salary range £28-38k, depending on experience + excellent benefits.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year FTC
Salary: £28 – £38K
Alderbridge Network Recruitment is a niche recruitment agency, specialising in Information Security and IT Security recruitment. We are a professional and dedicated organisation, committed to providing an exceptional level of service to clients and candidates alike. Whether you are looking for your next challenging opportunity or are recruiting for your team, we look forward to hearing from you.